Mental health & wellbeing support
Mental and physical health are closely linked. We are used to going for health check-ups to prevent any onset of possible more severe illness. The practice should be exactly the same when taking care of our Mental Health and Wellbeing.
“The cost to business of poor mental health is well evidenced, as is the return on investment associated with early intervention on workplace mental health.” (The Looking Glass Report: Film and TV Charity; London, February 2020)
The nature of the work in the entertainment industry (long working hours, a woeful work-life balance, job insecurity, lack of support to name a few) currently combined with the pressure of the global pandemic is adding stress and anxiety to everyone’s mental health, which when untreated can lead to the onset of a mental health illness. That’s where our focus on prevention comes in, as an individual with a high resilience due to good mental health = more efficient employee.
Bellow, you’ll find the full overview of services that can be provided, either for the whole production or for individual freelancers.
- i-act Managing and Promoting Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing course for HoDs, Managers, and freelancers.
- Provide practical tools for promoting positive wellbeing on set to help build resilience for ourselves and for colleagues.
- Offer guidance and advice for how crew can connect with colleagues who may be experiencing a mental health or wellbeing issue.
- Equip crew with practical tools, a resource pack, and signposting to further help and support concerning mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Give crew members a greater understanding of mental health and wellbeing issues and help them recognise when colleagues may need further help and support.
- Mental Health First Aider on set (a point of contact for an employee who is experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress).
- Wellbeing Facilitator on set (- advise for producers and heads of department on how to prevent stress and mental health issues and meet their duty of care to the cast and crew; – robustly support all cast and crew with their own mental health and wellbeing on set.)
- An online zoom room opens every day to support the cast & crew – based on when/if used. Supported by the wellbeing facilitator with a certain knowledge of the project.
- Personal Wellbeing Promotion Plan (PWPP) – a simple questionnaire designed to assist in promoting positive mental health and wellbeing at work. Done before the start of the production. It’s 100% confidential. It’s easier to help people when one knows what makes them tick.
- Mental Health RA (based on a review of a script and looking at Content – harrowing graphic or violent for example; Context – shoots in triggering locations, remote working, work in a foreign country, etc.)
Are you interest in?
COMPLETE OUR ONLINE CONTACT FORM TO BOOK ONSITE